Though it's not as glamorous as a big, fun vacation - we've still managed some fun times with friends, and lots of home improvement projects.
Here are some random pics of a typical sunday night at our house with the "gang".



Wendy and I went blackberry picking a few Tuesday's ago. It was "city picking" at its finest. The farm had nice, neat rows of THORNLESS blackberry bushes. We picked until our fingers were purple and then came home. We washed them, bagged them and froze them. Meanwhile we started working on new:-).curtains for my living room/dining room and I taught wendy how to make salisbury steak and mashed potatoes and for dessert......... blackberry cobbler :-) yummy!!

With Andy and Wendy being here; wendy and I have spent many Tuesdays shopping at home goods stores to help her set up house. Somehow that translated into me wanting to make some home improvements and decorations. So I bought some shelves for Nate to finish and put a photo collage in our entry way. ** the big middle picture doesn't have a pic in it yet - but everyone likes to remark on the nice looking family in the picture :-) **

Here are my curtains :-)


My curtains turned out pretty good :-). We found italian silk at Jo-Ann Fabrics on MAJOR sale; so I was able to do curtains for my living room window and then 2 for my double doors in the dining room - all for less than $30! :-) Woohoo :-)
This past week I worked on putting Venetian Plaster in our guest bathroom. Nate helped me put the first coat on sunday and then Tuesday I placed the second coat and did the burnishing. And here is the final product :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment