Well I write you today from my bed. We had hoped this month i'd be on bed rest due to our invitro treatments; but instead I'm on bed rest b/c of surgery I had yesterday. I went for my baseline ultraound last week and an endometrioma was notice on my left ovary. It had to come out; so yesterday I had a laparoscopy to remove the endometrioma. I felt sick from the anesthesia last night and quite drugged - but didn't have much pain or swelling. This morning I woke up to a pretty swollen abdomen and in some pain. Sooo I'm taking it easy this weekend. Nate is at work at the moment; but I've already had a friend stop by with flowers and another friend bringing dinner tonight. In our times of need; we feel SO blessed to have the friends that we have here. It's hard going through "tough times" when you're away from family; but as we've said in the past TN is our home and our friends are our second family now. We are just so blessed to have found our church and friends.
A few weeks ago we were in Ohio for Brian Eichorns', Nates' friend, wedding. While we were up there we threw a baby shower for mim. She's due December 20th. Wendy and I worked our butts off for the weeks before and then to get it decorated when we got there. We made sugar cookies on a stick for the party favors - and decorated each of the differently - so that was our day from 9am until 7pm on friday. They turned out so yummy and cute though!! The week was super busy but nice to be with our family for a while. Below are some pics from the shower.
On our way home from Ohio we swung over to see my parents. It was only for 1 night but I was happy to see them. We chopped and stacked dad's wood for the winter so it'd be done and helped out a little around the house. Dad is currently waiting to hear from the Cleveland Clinic to get evaluated for the heart transplant list. Once he's evaluated there; we're going to try and get him on the list here at Vanderbilt as well. The more lists he's on; the better chance he has to get a heart quickly. we are praying that direction at least.
Nate and I will be doing in vitro next month, Lord willing. Apparantly I only have to wait 2 weeks from the surgery to start on injections for IVF. We don't want to push it if my body isn't ready; so we're just going with the advise of our fertility docs. Hopefully it'll be next month though! :-)
Alrighty, this was short but I don't have much else to say at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment